So here comes the time where your dreams are finally coming true, you’re finally visiting BELIZE! We understand the excitement that you’re feeling but what are some unique activities to do during your vacation getaway? Here’s a few!
1. Belize Maya sites. Enjoy a day of history and adventure by visiting nearby Maya sites like Cahal Pech, Caracol, Xunantunich, and Tikal.
2. Saturday Market. Interact with locals, try local Belize dishes, indulge your taste buds with fresh fruits and vegetables, all-natural medicines, and enjoy the diversity of San Ignacio town.
3. Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) cave. A mystifying world of marvelous, spectacular wonders where you’ll have the opportunity to see Maya artifacts, intact calcified human remains, slate stelaes, and burial chambers used by the Maya civilization.
4. Branch Mouth. Perfect choice on a hot day. This spot marks the intersection of the Mopan River from Guatemala, the Macal River from Mountain Pine Ridge, and the Belize River.
5. Green Iguana Conservation Project. Ranked as the number one attraction in San Ignacio, the Project is an educational exhibit where you’ll be able to interact with Green Iguanas, pet them, feed them, and take pictures with them…perfect for photo ops!
6. Horseback riding. Enjoy open river valleys, jungle views, and explore unexcavated Maya mounds. Plus, who doesn't love horses?!
7. Welcome Centre. Learn more about the values, resources, and traditions of the area. It’s a central hub where you’ll be able to interact with the local community and experience the authentic Belizean way of life.
8. Rio On Pools. Enjoy a refreshing swim at this breathtaking site. Rio On Pools is a collection of natural pool formations, granite rocks, small waterfalls, and pine trees.
9. Restaurants. Enjoy local cuisine like Rice & Beans, street tacos, hot dogs, fresh seafood, and much more in downtown San Ignacio. Our newly renovated Running W Steakhouse is also an excellent choice for local and international cuisine.
10. Bars. Downtown San Ignacio offers many activities and events during the night-time hours, with Burns Avenue being the popular spot for mingling and interacting with locals and visitors. Our new Lobby Bar also offers specialty drinks, live music on Fridays, and free bites—a great opportunity to socialize with locals and other guests of the Resort while enjoying your favorite sporting event on our flat screens.
11. Cultural tours. Observe and submerge yourself in the culture of the Mayas or Mennonite community; learn how to make flour tortillas and feast on a delicious caldo with the Mayas or, have a super delicious ice cream made by the Mennonites in Spanish Lookout.
And last but not least…
12. San Ignacio Resort Hotel. What better way to experience your Belize vacation than to stay at our luxury Belize resort?! Our friendly and amazing service, luxury accommodations, and helpful team members will make your stay in Mother Nature’s Best Kept Secret an unBELIZEable one!