With over 85 species of birds that inhabit the lush vegetation in our 17 acre private estate, San Ignacio Resort Hotel offers an exceptional birding package.
Our well-experienced birding guide will assist you in spotting a plethora of birds as they start their day by searching for food in the nearby Trumpet Tree (Cecropia peltata). You will have the opportunity to see the Blue Tanager, Blue Crowned Mot Mot, Warblers, Trogons, Flycatcher Hummingbirds, Brown Jays, Wood Peckers and of course, rare sightings of our national bird the Keel-Billed Toucan, and many more!
You will be guided to other great locations including the Nest of the Crested Caracara – a large private reserve of lush farmlands and tropical broadleaf forest which is the nesting grounds for the Northern Crested Caracara and a wide variety of birds. Other highlighted birding stops include Cahal Pech, El Pilar archaeological site and Mountain Equestrian Trails located in the Mountain Pine Ridge Forest Reserve. This is an experience for the avid birding enthusiast that you don’t want to miss! Learn more about the local birds by checking out our San Ignacio Resort Hotel Bird Checklist.
5 DAY BEST OF BELIZE BIRDING PACKAGE:
- Transfer to/ from Philip Goldson International to San Ignacio Resort Hotel
- 5 nights’ accommodation in a Garden Room, Regal Room, or Deluxe Room
- Half day tour to Nest of the Crested Caracara Private Reserve
- Full day Birding at El Pilar Archaeological Site
- Full day Birding at Aguacate Lagoon (this is a popular birding site)
- Full day Birding in Mountain Pine Ridge at Mountain Equestrian trail
- Early Morning Birding/ Medicinal Trail & Iguana Project Tour at SIRH
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for two
US$2,267 per person
- All rates are subject to change without notice
- Government taxes subject to change without notice
- All rates are in US dollars and subject to 9% room tax and 10% service charge
- Group rates and meal plans are available on request
- Children under 11 years stay free
- To confirm your reservation a deposit of one-night stay is required at the time of booking, with full payment to be received within 30 days prior to arrival.
- Cancellations received 30 days or more prior to arrival will receive a full refund, less $50 USD processing fee, per room.
- Cancellations received 29 days or less prior to arrival will receive a full resort credit towards a future stay.
- Charges made to your credit card may be subject to your credit card company’s foreign transaction bank charges
- No refunds for unused hotel rooms, meals, tours, transfers or any other services pre-booked
- San Ignacio Resort Hotel accepts VISA, MASTER CARD and AMERICAN EXPRESS