COVID-19 TESTS ARE NOW BEING DONE ONSITE. CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for considering San Ignacio Resort Hotel for your upcoming getaway. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel team understands our clients’ concerns regarding travel; our priority is to provide you with unsurpassed levels of hospitality while ensuring we are doing our part to protect our team & valued guests.
We are happy to announce that Belize’s international airport is open for international travel. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel and its Cayo Gial Tours operations have been approved with a Gold Standard Certification by the Belize Tourism Board (BTB)– a licensed initiative for tourism stakeholders emphasizing health and safety protocols. For a detailed overview of the requirements mandated by BTB’s Gold Standard program, click here.
In addition, the Gold Standard Program initiative has recently secured of the approval of the World Travel & Tourism Council and Belize received its WTTC Safe Travels Stamp on January 2021. This stamp recognizes destination around the world which have adopted standardized global health and hygiene protocols. (Click here for more information)
More than ever, we are committed to ensuring our facility remains clean and sanitized to promote a healthy and safe environment for a stress-free getaway.
About Your Stay at “the only jungle in town”
We thank you for entrusting us to be your destination of choice for your upcoming getaway. Prior to your travel, here’s some important information to know about your stay at San Ignacio Resort Hotel:
- In an effort to minimize cases and promote a safe vacation, guests are strongly encouraged to use GS licensed providers. These businesses have been recognized by the Belize Tourism Board for providing the highest standards of sanitization and hygiene SOPs.
- SIRH has implemented a training program to sensitize our team to the protocol prescribed by the Government of Belize on personal hygiene and COVID-19, which includes, cleaning and sanitizing, personal hygiene, employee health monitoring, and food safety.
- Repeated surface cleaning and sanitizing of all areas is being completed as well as increased access to alcohol-based hand sanitizers at prominent locations within the Resort (restaurant, lobby area, entrance).
- Social distancing decals have been placed throughout the lobby and around the pool area.
- All rooms are thoroughly disinfected before check-in, and after each checkout.
- All luggage is sanitized upon arrival.
- Our rooms have been simplified as required by the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) – all extra pillows, blankets, linens, rugs, and reusable collaterals have been removed to limit exposure. Extra items can be provided upon request.
- The seating in the Running W Restaurant and bar has been spaced out to allow for social distancing while dining in.
- Our restaurant now offers contactless menus and QR codes for quick access to our digital menus.
- Tables are no longer pre-set for in-house dining. Table setting is done after guests are seated.
For additional information regarding the Gold Standard Regulations and your stay at SIRH, please feel free to contact our Reservations team at email@example.com.
What you need to know before travelling to Belize:
For more updates, kindly visit the Belize Tourism Board site.
Frequently Asked Questions about travel to Belize during COVID-19.
What is the Belize Health App and its role in visitors coming to Belize?
Starting on August 15th, 2020, all guests coming to Belize must register for the Belize Health App before entering the country. The App is free and allows the Ministry of Health to check-in with guests throughout their stay. If a new case arises while a visitor is on holiday, contact tracing will be much easier and notifications of other parties who may have been within your vicinity will be quick and to minimize the spread as best as possible. The Belize Health App is now available online.
What important contact numbers should I have when traveling to Belize in case of an emergency?
Ministry of Health Hotline: 0-800-MOH-CARE (664-2273)
Belize Tourism Board Information Line: 1-800-624-0686
Should you need any further information about your stay with us, feel free to contact us:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (501) 824-2034/2125
We encourage our guests to purchase Travel Insurance to provide them with security and protection against unexpected events that could disrupt your Belize vacation plans. View our Booking & Cancellation Policy here.
Stay safe and healthy—we look forward to hosting you!