Over the years, the San Ignacio Resort Hotel has become the perfect place for Belize wedding ceremonies, receptions, and love stories.
We offer a qualified and creative event planning team that will seamlessly execute your special day to ensure your memories last a lifetime. Not only do we offer venues of various sizes and styles but we also have an on-site catering team that can develop a unique menu – just for you.
Dream weddings don’t just happen, they’re planned. Our San Ignacio Resort Hotel wedding planner is qualified to coordinate weddings of all types. Relying on experience, training, tradition and old-fashioned intuition, we can help you determine an overall vision for your wedding, set a budget, and execute each detail.
SOME OF OUR COORDINATING SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Both parties must be in the country three (3) days prior to filing the petition of the license. All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- For those who aren’t in the country for three days, it is possible to apply for a Special License (for an additional fee) and the form must be signed by both applicants, verified by affidavit, and accompanied by the applicants’ identity documents (i.e. certified copies of applicants’ birth certificate, passport, etc.). All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Completed forms along with the items in the following list must be presented to General Registry or Solicitor General:
- Identification Documents – All documents required must be original documents but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable.
- Citizenship – No residency requirement
- Blood test – No blood test or parental consent is needed if over age 18.
- Marital status – Original or certified copy with lifted seal of divorce or death certificates must be presented if divorced or widowed
- Witnesses – Two witnesses, can include our hotel staff, but must be at least 18 years
- Proof that both parties are above age 18 years.
Please note that the application form is to be submitted to the Registry Office, in Belize City, on a business day (Monday to Friday). If approved, your license will be ready within 2 working days. The wedding ceremony can be performed the following day the license is received.
San Ignacio Resort Hotel provides over 5,500 sq. ft. of event space for wedding receptions, rehearsals, banquets, and other special events. Whether a champagne toast for two or for 500 people, we have different options available to accommodate the ceremony and reception of your dreams.
WEDDING VENUES AT SAN IGNACIO RESORT HOTEL (CLICK ON PICTURE FOR DETAILS):
250 Reception Style
87 x 46 feet (ceiling height: 13 feet)
A/C, carpeting, wooden dance floor, private outdoor terrace overlooking jungle, furniture, bar space, restrooms
75 Reception Style
57 x 23 feet (ceiling height: 9 feet )
A/C, carpeting, podium, PA system, high speed internet, flag poles, furniture, restrooms, windows overlooking jungle
Say “I do” in an out-of-the-ordinary way. Celebrate a Belize destination wedding ceremony at an ancient Maya temple surrounded by luscious greens and beautiful views of archaeological sites that have centuries of history within them. A perfect location to begin your chapter as a husband and wife.
Contact our Wedding Planner for details.