Your to do's:
Marry your soulmate and enjoy the best day of your life!
Our to do's:
Creating your dream wedding and nothing less.
Perfect place for a destination wedding? *drumroll* Belize!
Leonardo Melendez Photography
You’ve finally decided that you want to tie the knot in a far away destination and it all sounds so delightfully dreamy…until the planning stage comes around. What practicalities do you have to follow to make it happen? Simple, just contact our Belize wedding planner and we’ll take care of everything.
But if you’re curious, here’s some specs about the process:
- Both parties must be in the country three (3) days prior to filing the petition of the license. All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable
- For those who aren’t in the country for three days, it is possible to apply for a Special License (at an additional fee) and the form must be signed by both applicants, verified by affidavit, and accompanied by the applicants’ identity documents (i.e. certified copies of applicants’ birth certificate, passport, etc.). All documents required must be original documents, but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable
Leonardo Melendez Photographer
REQUIRED FORMS: Completed documents along with the following items must be presented to General Registry or Solicitor General
- Identification Documents: All documents required must be original documents but certified copies with lifted seal of the original documents are acceptable
- Citizenship: No residency requirement
- Blood test: No blood test or parental consent is needed if you’re over 18 years
- Marital status: Original or certified copy with lifted seal of divorce or death certificates must be presented if divorced or widowed
- Witnesses: Two witnesses who are at least 18 years old. If you want an intimate, “just the two of us” ceremony we can provide you with the required witnesses
- Proof that both parties are above age 18 years
Once of the legal logistics are in order, your license should be ready within 2 working days. Your wedding ceremony can be performed the following day the license is received!
Leonardo Melendez Photography
Now, for that mystical wedding you’re dreaming of at a Belize Maya Site. You are required to have a permit from the Belize National Institute of Archaeology—but don’t feel overwhelmed… that’s another service our Wedding Planner can handle for you.
Other things to keep in mind…
The fees for the permit from the Institute of Archaeology covers the wedding party and the number of guests is not limited. You’re allotted 3 hours for the ceremony and photoshoot at the site — which will offer breathtaking views all around, making for an exquisite wedding album.
And the cherry on top? Have a lavish celebration or a lovely intimate reception at the San Ignacio Resort Hotel’s Bedran Hall or Caracol Room. What about a reception by the pool? We got you!