Cayo was definitely the talk of the evening at the 13th National Tourism Awards held by the Belize Tourism Board on August 1,
The gala event awarded tourism institutions and individuals for the ability to meet industry expectations and providing exemplary service to guests. Safe to say, our district and stakeholders stole the show by winning 6 of the 11 nominations! Woohoo!
Here’s a recap:
- Hotel of the Year: Gaia River Lodge
- Restaurant of the Year: Guava Limb Cafe
- Tour Operator of the Year: Ian Anderson’s Caves Branch
- Hospitality Award: Yours truly, San Ignacio Resort Hotel!
- Small Hotel of the Year: Table Rock Lodge
- Cruise Tour Guide of the Year: Mr. Axel Chavin from Darknight Cave Adventure
In addition, our Managing Director Mrs. Mariam B. Roberson was honoured with the Minister’s Award for her pioneering efforts to develop tourism in the Cayo area.
Photo Courtesy of Ian Anderson's Caves Branch
Despite the coastal loveliness of our Jewel, it is amazing to see its inland beauty being recognized by many. In fact, San Ignacio was named as one of the Top 10 Destinations to Visit in Central America by TripAdvisor. Cayo is a must-see when planning your next Belize vacation getaway.
Congratulations to all winners of the Cayo area…let’s keep bringing those trophies home!