Serves 4 people:
Preparation Time: 30 to 45 minutes
Recipe for cooking the fish:
- 24 ounces fresh snapper fillet cut into 4 portions
- One 12 to 14 inch sauté pan
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
Recipe for the Tropical Salsa:
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced purple onion
- 1/8 cup or less chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup diced mango or pineapple
- Pinch salt
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lime
Method for cooking fish:
1. Lightly flour the fish fillets.
2. Add oil to the sauté pan and get the pan and oil hot.
3. Add fish fillets to the sauté pan. Dust the fillets with the salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. Turn the fillets over when bottom side is browned. Be sure to turn down heat so the fillets do not burn.
5. Cook until fish flakes apart.
6. Plate the fish.
Method for the Tropical Salsa:
1. Add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl.
2. Using a soup spoon, lightly toss the ingredients.
Top the fish with the salsa. Serve with your favorite salad or slaw, rice or garlic mashed potatoes.
Bon Appétit mes amis!