Recognizing excellence of Belize tourism stakeholders
Following the Belize Tourism Board (BTB)’s Tourism Industry Conference, the long awaited 2017 National Tourism Industry Award ceremony was held at The Ramada Belize City Princess Hotel on October 21st, 2017. With the theme “Rainforest Meets Reef”, many countrywide stakeholders were hosted to an evening of elegance—coming together to celebrate the stars of the year. The event’s focus is to acknowledge and encourage the continuous dedication and quality of service provided around Belize.
The ceremony recognizes excellence of individuals and companies who play an important role in Belize tourism and contribute to the overall growth of the industry. This year’s deserved winners are as follows:
- Hospitality Award: Ian Anderson’s Caves Branch
- Hotel of the Year: Grand Caribe
- Frontline Personnel: Leroy Welch
- Small Accommodations of the Year: Caribbean Beach Cabanas
- Restaurant of the Year: Rumfish y Vino
- Tour Guide of the Year: Estevan Choco
- Tour Operator of the Year: Toledo Cave & Adventure Tours
- Minister’s Award: Phillip Leslie
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John & Lucy Fleming
You can view the videos of the winners here.
The San Ignacio Resort Hotel would like to congratulate the winners and nominees of the Tourism Industry Awards 2017! May the hard work and dedication continue throughout the years. We would also like to express our appreciation towards our Tour Guide of the Year nominee, Mr. Cruz Cambranes - your exceptional service and unsurpassed levels of hospitality never go unnoticed!
Photo credits to Belize Tourism Board