Dear Valued Guests,
Thank you for considering San Ignacio Resort Hotel for your upcoming getaway. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel team understands our clients’ concerns regarding travel; our priority is to provide you with unsurpassed levels of hospitality while ensuring we are doing our part to protect our team & valued guests.
As per the Government of Belize, the international airport is scheduled to open October 1 2020. The San Ignacio Resort Hotel remains committed to ensuring our facility remains safe, clean, and ready under its Belize Gold Standard certification-- a 9-point initiative for hoteliers drafted by the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) emphasizing health and safety protocols. For a detailed overview of the requirements mandated by BTB’s Gold Standard program, click here.
The San Ignacio Resort Hotel is taking every precaution to keep our guests and team safe and healthy during this pandemic. We are committed to ensuring our facility remains safe, clean, and ready for when we can gather again.
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates.
About Your Stay at “the only jungle in town”
Our Duty of Care
We thank you for entrusting us to be your destination of choice for your upcoming getaway. Prior to your travel, here’s some important information to know about your stay at San Ignacio Resort Hotel to ensure your safety and that of our team:
- In an effort to minimize guest interaction with the local community as mandated by the Belize Gold Standard’s protocol Phase 3, the San Ignacio Resort Hotel will act as an all-inclusive Resort. Guests are only able to make use of SIRH transportation, personalized tours & activities, food services, recreational facilities, and remain within the SIRH premises. (This is subject to change as per Government instructions regarding Belize’s re-opening).
- SIRH has implemented a training program to sensitize our team to the protocol prescribed by the Government of Belize for personal hygiene and COVID-19, which includes, but not limited to use of face masks, social distancing, cleaning and sanitizing, personal hygiene, employee health monitoring, and food safety.
- The use of masks is mandatory in public areas except while eating, drinking, swimming, and sunbathing.
- Repeated surface cleaning and sanitizing of all areas, including increased access to alcohol-based hand sanitizers at prominent locations (restaurant, lobby area, entrance).
- Social distancing decals have been placed throughout the lobby and around the pool area.
- All rooms are thoroughly disinfected before check-in, and after each checkout.
- All luggage is sanitized upon arrival.
- Our rooms have been simplified as required by the Belize Tourism Board (BTB) – all extra pillows, blankets, linens, and reusable collaterals have been removed to limit exposure. Extra items can be provided upon request.
- The seating in our restaurant and bar has been spaced out to allow for social distancing while dining in.
- Our restaurant now offers contact-less menus and QR codes for quick access to our digital menus.
- Tables are no longer pre-set for in-house dining. Table setting is done after guests are seated.
For additional information regarding the Gold Standard Regulations and your stay at SIRH, please feel free to contact our Reservations team at email@example.com.
What you need to know before travelling to Belize:
- All visitors must provide proof of negative testing for COVID-19, taken 72 hours prior to travel. Untested visitors will be screened separately and administered a rapid test on arrival, at their own expense.
- The use of face masks is mandatory within the airport, border points, and all public places..
- All visitors arriving or departing the international airport will be scanned by thermal scanners..
Frequently Asked Questions about travel to Belize during COVID-19.
What is the Belize Health App and its role in visitors coming to Belize?
Starting on August 15th, 2020, all guests coming to Belize must register for The Belize Health App before entering the country. The App will be free and will allow for Belize’s Ministry of Health to check-in with guests throughout their stay. If a new case arises while a visitor is on holiday, contact tracing will be much easier, and notification of other parties who may have been within your vicinity will be quick and efficient, enabling us to #stopthespread as best as possible. The Belize Health App is not yet available in the App Store and is in its testing phases now but will be released in the weeks prior to August 15th. Travelers have ample time to register.
What important contact numbers should I have when traveling to Belize in case of an emergency?
Ministry of Health Hotline: 0-800-MOH-CARE (664-2273)
Belize Tourism Board Information Line: 1-800-624-0686
Should you need any further information about your stay with us, feel free to contact us:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – (501) 824-2034-2125
For the most updated information, please visit the websites of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Government of Belize, the Belize Tourism Board or your local health authority.
We also encourage our guests to purchase Travel Insurance to provide them with security and protection against unexpected events that could disrupt your Belize vacation plans. View our Booking & Cancellation Policy here.
Stay safe and healthy – we hope to see you soon!