What’s on your calendar for what remains of the summer? If you’re like a majority of people in North America, a vacation is likely to be near the top of your wish list, but if you’re not yet ready to travel due to already-scheduled work or family obligations, don’t fret. Autumn is just around the corner. If you can get away from August through November, no destination surpasses Belize – for these 5 reasons and so many more!
1. Travel deals are downright affordable. Airlines are returning to pre-Covid schedules between hubs in North America and Belize’s international airport, so it won’t take much effort to find a fare that suits your budget. Don’t plan to read a book during the flight. It only takes a couple of hours to reach Belize from southern hubs, so a magazine is suggested instead.
2. Belize in the fall is the ideal destination for folks who abhor crowds. If you’ve spent hard-earned money on a trip only to find yourself amid constant crowds, you know how it feels to have to queue for everything, stand in lines and wait for reservations. You won’t have to put up with hordes of humanity on beaches in Belize, at attractions and everywhere else. That alone should incentivize you to come down.
3. Fall is festival season in Belize. Among the celebrations slowly being re-instituted kick into overdrive as September arrives when Belize’s Independence Day, Belize City’s Road March, Orange Walk Carnival and Battle of St. George’s Caye are staged. Come in October for the Belize Birding Festival or wait until November to be part of Garifuna Settlement Day. There are so many other pageants, parties and celebrations on deck, you’re going to have to make some fun choices when you come down.
4. Bring a bib! Fall heralds the arrival of both lobster and conch seasons, so if you could eat either 24/7, you wouldn’t be the first person to book a trip to Belize for the sole reason of indulging your palate. Sample everything from lobster ceviche, stewed and grilled lobster bathed in spices to conch fritters, conch soup and conch ceviche. You won’t mind the fact that daily showers are short, sporadic and they won’t ruin a minute of your vacation if you pack a poncho.
5. Explore Belize’s diverse cultures. Nowhere in Central America will you find such an eclectic mix of people, music, art, traditions and more than in this nation, measuring just 8900 square miles. Despite its small size, Belize is home to Chinese, Creole, East Indians, Mennonites, Garifuna, Maya, Mestizos and a growing number of American ex-pats.
Want to experience all of this and get a discount, too?
Of course, you do – and you can stay in the lap of luxury while discovering these experiences and more if you choose San Ignacio Resort Hotel’s “Sweet Summer Lovin’ Getaway” package where travelers get an automatic 25-percent discount on rooms if they visit this fall.
Get the details here. You’ll be treated to the ultimate autumn getaway at an exclusive, family-owned resort hotel that epitomizes the definition of a boutique property.
One of the biggest reasons frequent guests won’t stay anywhere else has to do with the resort’s size: It’s so small, personal attention from every staff member is a given, so reservations fill fast given all of the perks tourists find when they come to Belize in the fall. Clear your calendar. Pack your lobster bib. This deal only lasts until November 2022. You’re going to have the time of your life!