Relleno Negro a local favorite! The black recado gives it an intriguing dark color—but don’t let the color throw you off! It’s truly a wonderful, classic Latin American dish.
- Black recado
- Season Salt
- Black Pepper
- 2 Tomato
- 1 Sweet Pepper
- 1 large Onion
- 3 Hard-boiled eggs
- Ground steak
- Cut the chicken into medium sized pieces
- Chop up the tomato, sweet pepper, and onion
- Season the ground steak with the season salt, cumin, black pepper, and garlic and then roll the seasoned ground steak into medium sized balls
- Fill a large pot 3/4 with water and put on stove to boil
- Put a large saucepan on medium heat and grease it with the vegetable oil
- Next, place the chopped chicken, tomato, onion, and sweet pepper in the saucepan. Then season it with the season salt, cumin, black pepper, and garlic.
- Once your (separate) pot of water comes to a boil, add the black recado to it and let that simmer for a bit before adding your chicken and veggies.
- Once the soup has been sitting for a few minutes, gently drop the balls of ground steak into it.
- Place a lid on the pot and let simmer on low heat until the steak balls are cooked all the way through.
- Add the boiled eggs.
- Serve with corn tortillas or rice—ENJOY!