Most of us know that chocolate = love and happiness. So this month we want you to be extra happy with this amazing Valentine’s Day recipe that our Chef fell in love with from a 1983 Betty Crocker Cookbook.
It’s yummy and well worth it! Buen Provecho!
Yields: 4 cups
Time: 1 Hour
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons Belizean White Rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat chocolate chips and half and half in a double boiler until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth (an example of a double boiler is a 10 inch metal or glass mixing bowl placed over a pot of simmering water).
- Cool mixture slightly.
- In a separate bowl, beat remaining ingredients.
- Gradually stir into chocolate mixture.
- Pour into 4 ungreased 6 ounce custard cups.
- Place filled cups into a 13" X 9" baking pan. Add boiling water to the pan so water rises within a 1/2 inch of the top of the cups.
- Bake 20 minutes. Then cool slightly.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours. Serve with sliced strawberries or berries on top or simply dust with cocoa and powdered sugar.
If you don’t want to spend an hour to curb your chocolate crave; come and enjoy our Decadent 3 Layer Chocolate Mousse Cake. It’s just one of the sinfully satisfying desserts on our new Sweet Treats Menu at the Running W Steakhouse & Restaurant.