Wondering what to do in San Ignacio on your next Belize vacation getaway? Well fret no more, San Ignacio Resort Hotel
has made a Top Seven list of some activities and places to visit for a great and unforgettable experience in the Western part of Belize. Brace yourselves!
- Cayo Welcome Centre. Recently inaugurated, the Cayo Welcome Centre invites visitors and locals to learn more about the values, resources, and traditions of the area. It’s a great place to enjoy the company of the local community and experience the authentic Belizean way of life. You can watch a movie or football match with the rest of the community, visit the small exhibit room, sit down for a relaxing lunch at the park, or enjoy local performances.
Photograph By: San Pedro Sun
- Saturday Market. If you like waking up early-morning on weekends, then take a walk through our Saturday Market. This will be a fantastic way to interact with our locals, try out cultural foods, indulge in fresh fruits and vegetables, and see the diversity of San Ignacio town. What makes this an even more enjoyable trip is the friendliness of everyone you encounter, feels just like home!
- Blue Morpho Butterly Farm. Enjoy the rich diversity of Belizean nature with a colourful tour at the Blue Morpho Butterfly Farm in Green Hills. Here, you can have a look at the life-cycle of various butterflies and learn much more about their beauty.
- Green Iguana Conservation Project. Found right at our Resort, the Green Iguana Conservation Project is a 45-minute tour in which you can mingle with both juvenile and adult Green Iguanas. During this tour you’ll delve deeper into the life of Green Iguanas, educate yourself about these wonderful species, and interact with these fun reptiles!
- Maya Ruins and Caves. Interested in history and adventure? This could be the perfect pick for you. San Ignacio is conveniently located close to Xunantunich and Cahal Pech Maya Ruins, Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave, Black Hole Drop, amongst other landmarks, in which you can treat yourself to a unique and exploratory venture. These activities are no doubt part of the Belizean experience!
- Nightlife. Add some spice to your night by visiting downtown. Stop by the Soul Project—a place for the creative arts. Here, you can showcase your talents on Open Mic night, browse through local art pieces, and have a few beers. You can also walk down Burns Avenue to sit down and relax, enjoy Happy Hour, or play Chicken Drop.
Photography by: Soul Project
- Restaurants. No need to worry about that hungry stomach, there are plenty of choices to keep your belly happy! Try our Running W Steakhouse for a great combination of Belizean and International food! If you’re staying a few days, Ko-Ox Han Nah, Erva’s, Guava Limb, Fuego Bar & Grill, and Serendib are great places to check out too. Of course, if you’re looking for an old-school breakfast diner, Pop’s is the way to go.
And there you go! Seven reasons why you should visit San Ignacio during your Belize stay. It’s quite the adventure, it’s quite the experience, and it’s definitely unforgettable.